If you’re big on camping, you’re likely familiar with and abide by the seven “Leave No Trace” principles. Besides taking your own washbasins and sinks, learning how to dispose of black- and greywater, and keeping your messes to a minimum, you also know that disposing of your garbage to keep your campsite clean is a must. Taking a collapsible trash can with you is one of the best ways to do this. If you’re considering purchasing one, read through the information and reviews in this article to know which one will work best for your needs.
Table of Contents
- Our Recommended Collapsible Garbage Cans in 2021
- 10) Go Gear TRASH
- 9) Luckindom Car Trash Can
- 8) 2 Pieces Car Trash Can
- 7) UTSAUTO Car Trash Can Portable Garbage Bin Collapsible
- 6) Zento Deals Portable Car Trash Can
- 5) FH Group FH1120BEIGE Auto Car Trash Can
- 4) Zone Tech Universal Traveling Portable Car Trash Can
- 3) Car Trash Can, Portable Garbage Bin
- 2) Stormate Collapsible Garbage Bag Holder
- 1) Coghlan’s Pop-Up Recycle Bin
- Features of Collapsible Trash Cans to Consider
Our Recommended Collapsible Garbage Cans in 2021
10) Go Gear TRASH
- Easily pops up to use and conveniently collapses to store
- Treated liner helps contain spills and cleans easily
- Features a special tab on the bottom that keeps the trash can from tipping or rolling in your vehicle
9) Luckindom Car Trash Can
- COLLAPSIBLE AND PORTABLE: The car trash can measures D6.4” x H8” after being popped up to hold much...
- WITH FREE RUBBISH BAG: Our travel trash can comes with 4 rolls of plastic garbage bags to protect dirt or food...
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: This mini trash can not only be used to hold and toss wrappers, rubbishes, wastes or garbage...
8) 2 Pieces Car Trash Can
- Combination size: the car trash cans come with 6 x 8 inch and 12 x 16 inch, 2 sizes for you to choose, can...
- Keep you car clean: a must-have car trash can for drivers and travelers to maintain your vehicle clean and...
- Widely applicable: these portable garbage bins can be also applied as a storage bag, especially your kids...
7) UTSAUTO Car Trash Can Portable Garbage Bin Collapsible
- Leakproof - The UTSAUTO trash can is leak proof. You don't have to worry about the coffee and food spills on...
- Practical :Always there when you need to throw rubbish. Hang this cute collapsible trash bag anywhere you need...
- Environment Friendly - Helping the enviroment everyday. With this trash bag you not using any type of plastic...
6) Zento Deals Portable Car Trash Can
✺ CLEANLINESS- The Zento Deals Portable Traveling Trash Can will help keeping your car tidy. This is a...
✺ CONVENIENCE- The Zento Deals Portable Traveling Trash Can is very convenience and easy to use, simply...
✺ LEAK PROOF - The Zento Deals Portable Traveling Trash Can is made from heavy-duty 500 denier pack...
5) FH Group FH1120BEIGE Auto Car Trash Can
- Light weight, portable Collapsible car trash can
- Lightweight, portable, easy to carry, collapsible trash can
- Made of durable polyethylene material, waterproof and easy to clean, sets up in seconds
4) Zone Tech Universal Traveling Portable Car Trash Can
- ► LEAK PROOF - The Zone Tech trash can is leak proof. You don't have to worry about the coffee and food...
- ► PRACTICAL - The Zone Tech trash can is a must have for drivers & travelers alike. The Zone Tech trash bins...
- ► CLEANLINESS - The Zone Tech trash can helps keep your car clean & tidy. The trash bins are handy and...
3) Car Trash Can, Portable Garbage Bin
- Keep your car neat and clean. A must have car trash container for drivers and travelers.
- Car trash can with premium quality washable material - leak proof no more spills on your car interior....
- Practical and handy car trash bag. Always there when you need to throw rubbish. Hang this cute collapsible...
2) Stormate Collapsible Garbage Bag Holder
- [VERSATILITY]: The Stormate Collapsible Garbage Bag Holder can be used in RVs, boats, cars and trucks, at...
- [CONVENIENCE]: Perfect combination between capacity and storability, the Garbage Bag Holder folds to a compact...
- [CAPACITY]: Can be easily set up to hold a 13-gallon or larger kitchen trash bag
1) Coghlan’s Pop-Up Recycle Bin
- Spring loaded for easy pop-up camp trash can is lightweight and easy to carry; helps keep campsite,...
- Portable and easy to carry container is made of durable and easy to clean polyethylene material
- Bin features fully zippered top; easily collapses to store with the two Velcro straps
Features of Collapsible Trash Cans to Consider
If you don’t know what to consider before buying one, you can end up with a collapsible trash can that doesn’t meet your needs. To help you understand which features you should consider, we’ve compiled a list of them. Decide which ones are important to you and keep them in mind when shopping around.
Each different type of collapsible trash can have its own ideal use. While some are only meant for one-time use, others are designed to last a lifetime. If you purchase a one-time use bin, it will likely fall apart after a few uses. However, purchasing a sturdy one will give you many uses, but it can be pricier.
If you’re looking for a collapsible trash can to keep in your car, you can get one specifically designed for vehicles. On the other hand, some collapsible trash cans can only be used outdoors. Knowing precisely what your needs for a collapsible trash can are, will help you filter out the unnecessary ones.
Unless you’re looking for a one-time use bin, the durability of your chosen trash can is the next important feature to consider. Most of the wear and tear will target the bottom of your trash can, making it essential to look for one with a strong base. Large-capacity-pop-up trash cans will be weighed down by big loads, making this consideration particularly important when you decide to purchase one.
Whether you go camping with your car or an RV, choosing a collapsible trash can that’s portable is also essential. Not only does it need to fit its travel spot, but it also needs to be easy to move around your campsite if needed.
Collapsible trash cans are available in many sizes and designs. This allows you to choose one to fit your exact needs. While it’ll be best that you choose a bin that fits around the headrest when you plan a car camping trip, a week in the woods will require a sturdy stand-alone bin.
Before making your purchase, you should think about the ease of cleaning your collapsible bin. While emptying is straightforward, cleaning it can quickly become a tiresome task. You need to choose a bin made from materials that wick dirt away, are stain-resistant, and don’t absorb smells. When cleaning your collapsible trash can, be sure to use biodegradable dish soap!
Although collapsible bins are generally made from durable materials, they’re inexpensive. The amount of money you’re willing to spend on a trash can should be considered before purchasing one to avoid wasted cash. Spending less money on a single-use collapsible trash can makes sense, while you might feel comfortable splurging on one that will be taken on many camping trips.
Things to Avoid When Using Collapsible Trash Cans
When you use a collapsible trash can as intended, you’ll get its full value. Avoiding the below things will help extends its lifetime!
Avoid Dumping Food: It’s best that you only use your collapsible trash can for non-food waste. When you dump food in your bin, you run the risk of trapping horrid smells or, worse – attracting a bear!
Avoid Dragging It: You should always avoid dragging your collapsible bin on the ground, no matter how sturdy its design is. Avoiding this will help keep it in good condition.
Avoid Overflowing It: Exceeding the weight limit of a collapsible trash can, can damage its material.
Avoid Keeping Waste Too Long: When you keep waste too long, you run the risk of your trash can becoming stained, weakened, decaying, or attracting wild animals.
Frequently Asked Questions About Collapsible Trash Cans
What are the top reasons to buy a collapsible trash can?
When you’re out camping, a regular bin can seem large and heavy to drag along with you, and they also take up a ton of space. Standard trash bags can also seem like a good waste disposal option, but they’re an easy target for animals and tend to get blown away by the wind.
The benefits of a collapsible trash can make it the perfect choice for waste disposal when camping. They’re lightweight and easily portable, are made from durable material that animals can’t get through without effort, and they don’t take up a lot of space.
What are the top ten things to consider when buying a collapsible trash can?
Price – does this fit my budget?
Durability – how long will this last?
Functionality – can this be used for the need I have?
Usability – is this easy to use?
Popularity – do others consider this a good buy?
Brand – is this brand reputable?
Trustability – can I use this item with confidence?
Customer Experience – how has buying and using this been for others?
Design – do I like how this looks?
While popular amongst campers, collapsible trash cans can be a great addition to any home or event. Their modern design, ease of use, and variety allow you to find one that will fit your needs. Disposing of trash can be easy wherever you are when you have a collapsible trash can on hand.
Last update on 2021-05-09 / Most affiliate links and/or Images from Amazon Product Advertising API